A Python framework that simplifies the process of quickly building web applications and with less code.
Create a web application with a Python framework that includes tools and functionalities to help ship code faster. Django is free and open source framework that gives developers access to tools that both speed up builds and better incorporate clean pragmatic design. Unlike Flask, Django comes with a built-in Object Relational Mapping (ORM) tool to integrate with the relational database of your choice, including SQLite, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Oracle.
Jump-start your web application with Django with Linode’s Django One-Click App.
|Django APP Name
|Name for the Django application. This field cannot have spaces. Required.
|Username for your Django application. Required.
Password for the Django USER. Required.
|Django USER email
|Email address for the Django USER. The format for the email must be in the form firstname.lastname@example.org. Required.
Getting Started After Deployment
After Django has finished installing, you will be able to access your Django site at your Linode’s IPv4 address, for instance:
- To find your Linode’s IPv4 address. Click on the Linodes link in the sidebar. You will see a list of all your Linodes.
- Find the Linode you just created when deploying the Django One-Click App and select it.
- Navigate to the Networking tab.
- The IP address will be displayed under the Address column in the IPv4 table.
- Copy and paste the IPv4 address into a browser window followed by
:8000. You should see the Django test page appear.
6. Once you have verified that you can access your Django site via the browser, you can log in using the admin credentials you created when deploying your app. Update the address in the browser to:
7. Once logged in, you will have access to the Admin console. Now you can begin configuring your site.
The Django One-Click App was built by Linode. For support regarding app deployment, contact Linode Support via the information listed in the sidebar. For support regarding the tool or software itself, visit Django Community.